C language is one of the earliest & most used, high level programming languages, it was invented by Dennis Ritchie in AT&T Bell labarotaries USA in between 1969&1973.Originally it was designed to create system software on Unix platform, but today apart from being widely used in system software programming, C is also used to build portable applications.
|DennisRitchie inventor of C|
|Dennis Ritchie Supervising coding on old Unix Systems|
Sailient Features of C:
- Structured Programming language:
- High level programming language:
- Machine level programming, here programming is done in terms of only 0's and 1's.
- Assembly level programming,here programming is done by using short instructions
- High Level Programming, here the program consists of instructions almost similar to english language.
- Procedure based programming language:
- It is static:
- Has well defined Keywords:
printf, scanf, if etc they cannot be used as variable names by programmers.
- Supports looping, conditional checks:
printf("this loop prints the statement 5 times");
Conditional checks are used to verify the validity of a particular condition.(read the article on conditional instructions for more details.